Sunday, September 29, 2013

Early Mornings and Early Nights

Today was the day that I make that move. Early move it is. Had a 7am flight so that meant I had to get up a little earlier than normal (for a Sunday morning) and drive to New Orleans to catch my flight. Not a bad ride either. Got to Memphis on time. Had a two hour layover there and then flew form there to Philadelphia where I'd reserved my rental car.  I made it! That's all I kept thinking, lol. As I'm driving through Philly, I'm looking around and all the buildings, different roads, Eagles stadium...everything! At some point I will need to visit. But for now, I'm going to keep trucking on to my hotel in Jersey. And that's what I did.

By 3pm I'd checked in, gave the hotel a once over and decided to find something to eat. I was starved. A guy at the airport in Memphis told me to check out a certain area that had a lot of restaurants, shops, etc. Perfect spot. Shopping plazas, the Mall, many restaurants. I was going to make that my destination for eating. Ended up at Applebee's. Yes Applebee's. It's Sunday. Footballs on. And I wanted to be somewhere I can watch it.

Because the room had a kitchenette I figured I'd pick up a few things for the week. Nothing too major. I'm not going to be cooking anything this week. *snicker*. I ended up at Wal-Mart, Target and the grocery store.

No i'm back in the hotel and i'm ready for bed. Before this week is out I'll get the temperature in this room right. Oh and I need to figure out who i'll be meeting up with for work tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. It's good you found the stores that you are use to from home.
    Have you gotten the temp right yet?

    ReplyDelete